Sunday, November 04, 2007

Lately, Dinners

After I came back from my dad's house, I tried my hand at a recipe that was suggested by the waitress that I'd ordered at the restaurant (Casa Christine's in Pvrovidence, on Fedevral Hill). Here first, is a pic of the end of that meal:

Allegrini Amarone with Veal in cream


It was so good. Basically veal in a sauce made from garlic in olive oil, red roasted peppers, sun-dried peppers in a cream sauce with anchovies.

So, here's my attempt:

_DSC6517

Ok, so... too much garlic, too many anchovies, too many sun-dried tomatoes and too many chili's, and reduced the cream way too much.

But, I'll get it.

The good note is that a few days later, with the yummy leftovers (I didn't say it wasn't good) I added them to a dinner I was making that had pork, pan roasted on the fat side and then broiled, with a sauce that started with garlic, onions, balsamic vinegar and white wine, and then I added the leftovers of the veal dinner. It was wonderful. The way the balsamic vinegar combined with the anchovies.

Another dinner you can never replicate.

1 comment:

Kristen Beaman said...

i think they have that amarone at trader joe's=
is that where you got it?
at one point they had a $16 bottle