Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cobb Salad Supremo

Tonight's Cobb Salad was superb. It was a bit early to be wanting tomatoes and avocados -- and neither were fantastically ripe, but they were edible. Amy, Ben and Ayla and Tavian were to dinner, as were my two younger daughters. Dean was there for the evening cocktail and stayed to dinner. He brought Betty home a plate. Finally my Missa arrived as dinner was ending and there was plenty left for her to enjoy. For dessert, Amy and Ben brought a cheesecake, but it was a bit sweeter than I prefer. Cookies and Cream, or some such. I like a nice dry New York.

I love laying out a Cobb Salad on a big platter and coming up with an arrangement that seems appetizing and festive. We must have one again as soon as the heirloom tomatoes come in this summer.

Tonights Cobb Salad
There's the platter in all its glory.

My Plate of Cobb Salad
And my plate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still read this?

What dressing did you use on this salad?