Saturday, January 20, 2007

Omelettes for Everyone

By noon on Sunday everyone was hungry and ready for some brunch. I decided to make omelette's and they turned out great. I started by frying a serrano pepper in oil, then adding onion spears to the oil and cooking them until they carmalized. I then added garlic and sautéed it for a bit. I added about a cup of beer and let that reduce to a nice unctuous sauce (isn't it funny that sauces are great if they are unctuous, but people are annoying if they are?) and set that aside.

I used cheddar and feta for the cheese filler. I nuked some baby frozen peas in butter and chopped up some Italian flat-leaf parsley. As the omelet readied I layered in the cheeses, the onions, the peas and dusted it all with parsley. I sealed the omelet up and gave it a further dusting, and then poured the lovely beery sauce over the top.

It was good.

No comments: